After weeks and months of lounging in your house, it’s officially time to give your entire home a deep clean it deserves. Cleaning our home and maintaining the upkeep of the entire house is a habit. However, when we say deep cleaning, it tells a different story because it requires attention to details, special products, time and effort.
Deep cleaning is not just about decluttering, it’s about scrubbing and washing off the month-long stain and grimes. If you don’t know where to start or work your way through the far-reaching corners, read on for our tried-and-tested deep cleaning tips for busy moms.
Basic Deep Cleaning Tips for Moms
It is inevitable that our home can go through a lot of wear and tear over time when you have kids going in and out of your home. While it’s not enough to just clean the house, let us help you give your living space some extra love with our deep cleaning tips especially for busy moms.
First, check out the following list on how to work your way around the house for an organised deep cleaning session.
- Create a deep cleaning plan. Depending on the size of your house, you can break your deep cleaning session into multiple days. Deep cleaning is not a sprint contest that needs to be cleared in an hour or a day.
This is advisable especially for busy moms that need to attend to other important matter. Work on your schedule for successful deep cleaning activity. In case things will not fall according to your plan, you can always depend on our team of expert cleaners in Melbourne.
- Clear away the clutter. Before embarking on a house cleaning session, clear the entire house by picking up every item on the floor, counters and tabletops. By clearing the place, it will provide a crystal clear view of your next step, easier way to getting around and organised cleaning session.
- Gather your cleaning tools and products. Make sure that before you dig in, you have gathered your cleaning tools and special products. The last thing you want to do is mess up your energy by running out of products in the middle of your deep cleaning activity.
It’s time to roll up those sleeves, grab a pair of gloves and gather your cleaning tools to get you started.
Deep Cleaning your Bathroom
- Showerheads, bathtub, sink and toilet. First, spray down your tried-and-tested multi-purpose cleaner and let it soak for a while before you start scrubbing them. It will be easier for you to scrub off any accumulated oil or soap. And don’t forget to wipe down the base of your toilet.
- Light fixtures, window and mirror. With the use of a vinegar solution on a damp rag, wipe out the dust and grimes that has made around the edges and corners.
- Glass shower door. Apply a warm distilled white vinegar or any of your special product on the shower door. Leave it for half an hour or more. Then, sprinkle some baking soda and scrub off the soap scum and water spots away.
- Wash the cloth or plastic curtain and mat. Make sure to check the labels carefully before tossing them into the washing machine.
- Clear out your under the sink drawers, if there’s any. Things will clutter over time and this space is not exempted. Clear everything out and wipe off the bottom of your cabinet and drawers.
- Don’t forget to scrub the bathroom grout.
- Disinfect bathroom doorknobs and handle.
Deep Cleaning the Kitchen
- With a damp rag, gently wipe down any dust or dirt on the inside and outside of the kitchen cabinets including the sides and surface.
- Vacuuming the refrigerator coils and vent with the use of your vacuum brush or hose extension.
- Starting from the top to the bottom–take everything out of the fridge and defrost your freezer. Once you’re done, check the expiration date before putting the food back into the fridge. Then, disinfect the door handle.
- Disinfect the sink and change your sponge regularly. A sponge is a germ-magnet tool in the kitchen. After a couple of disinfection and tossing them into the microwave, the bacteria will still find its way inside the sponge.
- Scrub off the greasy film from your range hood, stovetops and microwave with the use of your tried-and-tested products.
- Clear everything and wipe out your pantry. Then, organise your products in a manner where you can easily get your way around them.
Crystal Deep Clean your Bedrooms
- Wash the beddings, bed skirts or overlays, duvets, sham and other accessories.
- Rotate the pillows and flip over your mattress to prevent grooves from forming.
- Freshen your mattress with the use of your special products or baking soda. Let it soak for an hour, then vacuum.
- Dust or wipe the most common neglected parts such as the headboards, window treatments and ceiling fan. For your drapes, vacuum or toss them to your washing machine.
- Sweep, mop or vacuum the floor, behind the dresser, under the bed and furniture.
Deep Cleaning the Common Areas
- Remove all the cushions from your chairs and couches. Vacuum the spaces underneath and crevices where dust or crumbs accumulate.
- Clear or remove the items from your bookcases and coffee tables for an easier way in getting around the place.
- Polish your wood furniture after clearing them out and wiping off the dust in every corner and surfaces.
Book our expert deep cleaners in Melbourne today!
Whether you’re a busy mom or a dedicated mother to your family, Crystal Maids can provide you with competitive and affordable deep cleaning services in Melbourne. Deep cleaning is not for everybody as it involves physically demanding task, attention to details, know-how with special products and more.
Free yourself from the stress of deep cleaning, spend more time with your family and other important matter. Crystal Maids is a dedicated expert cleaner in Melbourne that provides comprehensive deep cleaning services. Connect with us today and come home to a crystal clean living space.
Book our expert cleaners in Melbourne today and experience a crystal clean home. Crystal Maids guarantee you five-star cleaning services. Talk to our friendly and responsive customer service staff to guide you in customising your crystal clean home services.